Labels

Bluejackets (11) CBJ (11) Central Ohio (5) OSU (3) Browns (1) Concerts (1) Dispatch (1) Foo Fighters (1) Football (1) IT (1) NFL (1)

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Who is ready for September?

I will admit. I can't wait for September to get here. This has nothing to do with the heat right now, although that will be a welcome side effect of getting to the fall season. And yes, the kids will be back in school, but that is an afterthought. No, there is one big reason I am looking forward to September, and maybe one more that is close behind. CBJ hockey will be upon us, and we will finally have a chance to put all the Buckeye drama away and let the battle on the field commence.

This off season has been different from many others for the CBJ faithful. The moves made by GM Scott Howson have been monumental for the franchise. Whether you agree or disagree with who was picked up, you cannot deny that this team will be much different in its makeup next season. Casual fans I have talked to are even somewhat excited, and I have heard many say they were going to invest in 6-game packs just because of the acquisitions. There is a buzz around the Bluejackets right now, and I for one am looking forward to Nationwide being more like the early seasons, or more specifically, like 2009 when we were racing to the playoffs. Let's hope the coaching staff and players can fulfill the potential. Game Ops for that matter as well. I am amped for this season, more so than I have ever been.

The OSU chronicles are well established. It appears with the report released on Friday that we may have seen the worse of the NCAA punishment. Or at least some light at the end of the tunnel. My belief is once these boys hit the field for that first game, a lot will be forgotten. Sportscasters will keep bringing it up, especially when the 4 suspended players come back for the sixth game. But by game eight or nine, I firmly believe the Buckeyes will be in the middle of a battle for the Big Ten title, and the spotlight will shift. And I thoroughly hope so for Luke Fickell's sake. One of my favorite all time Buckeyes, I feel bad for him that his tenure starts out clouded by the situation we are in. But I think he is going to prove a lot of people wrong, and carry this team to a successful season. Can't wait for that first game on September 3rd.

So, are you ready to trade your summer to be cut short for hockey and football in the capital city?

No comments:

Post a Comment