Labels

Bluejackets (11) CBJ (11) Central Ohio (5) OSU (3) Browns (1) Concerts (1) Dispatch (1) Foo Fighters (1) Football (1) IT (1) NFL (1)

Friday, September 23, 2011

Preseason thoughts

Just getting caught up on the updates here. I was at the game on Tuesday against 'Peg, and watched some of Wednesday's game on the streaming feed. Not going to do a game recap from Tuesday, but I will say we got to use the Bluejackets suite for that one, and...well...the suite is pretty sweet. Definitely not the cheep seats!

So, random preseason thoughts:
  • Dekanich looked good in the limited time he was in Tuesday. It really sucks that he hurt his ankle, I would have liked to see him perform against true NHL talent. We might never know his true abilities this season. That "high ankle sprain" is a nasty injury to come back from. I imagine the position he plays makes it worse. They are saying 4 weeks, I bet he is out longer.
  • On the bright side, the other goalie that played Tuesday at home (Dainton?) made some spectacular saves. He looked pretty shaky at first, but had a pretty good effort overall. I would like to see more of this kid in the preseason, see what he can do.
  • Mayorov continues to impress. Not just the scoring either, he is all over the place and is solid all the way around. I think this will be the year he realizes some of that potential.
  • Boone Jenner, once again, is going to be a player in this league. Obviously not this year since they already released him to his junior team, but in 13/14 I would bet he comes in and makes an impact.
  • Wiz made some nice passes out of the zone, seemed very fluid with the puck movement. We need that, big time.
  • The new music selection sucked, it was all over the place. Let me state this clearly: THERE IS NO PLACE FOR COUNTRY MUSIC IN HOCKEY, EVEN IN NASHVILLE. Did not care for the goal song, but I guess I could live with it. You may get more crown participation with it than the old one.
  • I liked Chaput as well, he played a pretty good game. Nothing flashy, but I seemed to notice him a lot.
Going to the Buffalo game on Sunday. This might be the one time I can go to a Buffalo game and not get severely annoyed by their douche bag fans (generalizing, obviously they are not all bad). Will try to do a more timely recap of that game.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment